Eco tourism and eco-friendly holidays in Sicily
We have chosen different solutions that enable action on reducing consumption and production of energy from renewable sources....
These investments aim to protect the environment, create the conditions for eco-friendly holidays in Noto Marina and reflect a love and immense gratitude for nature.
- Heating with heat pump;
- Cooling system with heat pump;
- Storm windows;
- Double glazing;
- 100% utilization of energy saving lamps
- Photovoltaic panels for a total of 6 kw produce more than 100% of the energy absorbed by consumption. The excess energy generated is fed into the electricity grid;
- Waste collection;
- Burning of pruning of our trees as fuel for stoves;
- Elimination of single use.
- With organic farming techniques, we produce for family use a tiny amount of wine Nero d'Avola and extra virgin olive oil; Our guests usually like to buy some of our wine or oil bottles.
- To always have fresh and genuine eggs to us and our guests, we breed to the ground seven hens. The hens live in their house with veranda. Their small house is heated and refreshed by nature and meets the needs of the animals and its biological rhythms: north-south porch; nest on east; container for feces, ventilated roof, south wall transparent and reclining in opposite directions for ventilation summer or winter; pesticide bath of sand and wood ash on the veranda; automatic system for the administration of water always fresh and clean. With this system nature degrades, without the need for disposal, the waste products from the animals, which lives happily in a healthy environment. Surprisingly eggs, shared equally with our guests, enough for everyone!
- The main production of the property are lemons. We share with our guests, depending on the season, the production of oranges, tangerines, loquats, bananas, mulberries, plums, grapes, pears, kaki, pomegranate, prickly pear, persimmon, some tropical fruit: bananas, feijoa, guava, white sapote, vegetable from garden (tomatoes, aubergines, peppers, lettuce, zucchini) and more. All of garden products are without using pesticides or chemical fertilizers. The fertilization of the land involved the donkey Nerina.